Terms and Conditions
Information about us
- We (Cheltenham Ladies College services Ltd.) are a company registered in England and Wales. Our company registration number is 02721621 and our registered address is. Bayshill Road, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 3EP.
- If you have any questions or complaints, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The decision to accept an application of a potential member shall be at our sole discretion.
- Our obligations and liabilities are exhaustively defined in this agreement.
- Use of the facilities are for those aged 16 and over. Under 16s should be accompanied by an adult (over 18) at all times. Additional adult to child ratios apply for accessing the swimming pool.
- You agree to comply with the club’s opening hours, safe and responsible use of the facilities and conduct, including due care and attention to yourself and other users of the facilities.
- There may be occasions where we have to close all, or part of our facilities. We will do our best to let you know of such closures in advance of them taking place, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency. Where possible we will try to ensure that such closures are in off peak hours and kept to a minimum.
- We reserve the right to make reasonable alterations to the type of facilities provided as well as opening hours without notice.
- You agree to provision of a photograph for the purposes of your membership and security of the facility.
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform any of the obligations under this agreement which are caused by any event that is outside our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or theft of any property you bring onto our premises and strongly recommend that you use the lockers.
- We may assign the benefit of this agreement and our rights thereunder to a third party on notice to you. Your rights under this agreement will not be prejudiced.
- No photography or video photography is permitted on the site without the expressed permission of Cheltenham Ladies College Services Ltd. You may not post remarks or imagery to the internet that could identify another member.
- Closed circuit television (CCTV) is in operation within the facilities. Images are being monitored and stored remotely for the purposes of crime prevention and safety.
- You may only use the lockers whilst on the premises. Belongings left on the premises whilst the owner is not on site may be removed and disposed of without warning.
- You may need to provide us with proof of eligibility for some memberships or to confirm personal details.
- You agree to advise us immediately of any changes to the members’ details provided.
- Membership cards are issued to all members and members must use them when signing in at reception before every visit.
- Your membership card is solely for your use as your membership is personal to you and only covers your use of the facility. If, following investigation, we believe that your membership card has been used fraudulently with or without your knowledge by another person, we reserve the right to cancel your membership with immediate effect. In such a case, no refund will be given.
- Lost or damaged membership cards are subject to a replacement fee.
- The card remains our property at all times and shall be returned to us upon termination of your membership.
Member health and inductions
- All members and guests will be required to complete a Health Commitment statement.
- Our staff, agents and subcontractors are not medically qualified so if you have any doubts about your fitness or capability to exercise before or during your use of our facilities, we strongly recommend that you get advice from a doctor before continuing.
- For safety reasons you are responsible for correctly using all facilities and reading site signs. We strongly advise that all members complete an induction to the gym, particularly for new and/or inexperienced gym users. If you are not sure how to use any of the equipment, always ask a member of staff.
Fees, charges and discounts
- If we take no action or let you off any breach of this agreement or give you any extra time to pay or comply, it will not stop us from enforcing the terms of this agreement at a future date.
- Membership fees shall not be refunded should you decide not to attend the club.
- Any discounted memberships, Including but not limited to, student or corporate memberships are only valid whilst qualifying prerequisites are met.
Termination by us
- We may terminate this agreement with immediate effect on notifying you if you are in breach of the club rules, or if your conduct in our reasonable opinion, may be injurious to our character, name or interests or it is such that it renders you unfit to associate with our other facility users.
- If we terminate your membership, you shall forfeit all the privileges of membership with immediate effect without any entitlement to any claim for any refund of your membership fee.
- A 14 day cooling off period is applicable to membership agreements, during which all fees may be repaid.
- All bookings must be paid for In advance.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of the activity start time will receive no refund.
- Swim school lessons and personal training block bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Membership of the centre includes;
- Access to the swimming pool, fitness areas and group exercise classes during the opening hours of the centre and subject to timetable restrictions.
- A single 55-minute indoor sports hall court booking per adult member per day. Court bookings can be used for badminton, short tennis or table tennis only. The sports halls can be hired for full and half hall use subject to availability, additional hiring costs will apply.
- Complimentary use of a single 55 minute tennis and 45 minute squash court per adult member per day during the opening hours of the centre and subject to timetable restrictions.
- Complimentary booking access may be restricted for members who book courts and fail to attend on three occasions within three consecutive months.
- Some physical contact is often required during the teaching of physical activities by our qualified and professional staff. Consenting to this is a condition of the booking and attendance of swimming lessons.
Cancellation by you
- Membership cancellations must be received by the 16th of the month in order for us to cancel the Direct Debit payment.
- Notice must be provided by members in writing to email@example.com and will be confirmed by us in writing within 7 working days. Handwritten notices of cancellation via post or by hand are strongly discouraged.
- It is not possible to cancel or refund fixed term memberships.
- Applications to freeze a membership due to medical conditions will be considered on a case by case basis. Applications must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and our decision is final. A monthly fee may apply to freeze a membership.
- Your administration fee (if applicable) and up to one month's (pro rota) membership fees are collected from you by us at the time of purchase. Administration fees are applied to cover the initial administration costs associated with setting up a new membership and Direct Debit agreement, as well as a contribution towards the cost of a membership card and induction.
- Direct Debit collections are made on a monthly basis thereafter, and are charged on or around the 1st of each month for membership in that month i.e. 1st March for membership in March. Each payment made is not refundable under any circumstances.
- From time to time we may need to increase the price of membership. We will give you at least one full months’ notice of any incoming price increase and will make it very clear when the price increase will take effect and how much your membership will cost after the increase. During this period, you will have your usual right to terminate your membership in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Annual membership rates are fixed and payable at the time of joining.
- Annual memberships are valid for a given period, after/during which members have the option to renew.
Guests of Members
- Adult Health and Fitness Centre members are permitted to bring one guest with them to the centre at a time. The guest must report to reception, register their details and pay a guest fee before entering.
- Members and their guests must enter and leave the facility at the same time; No guests of members are permitted on-site without their member.
- Members are responsible for ensuring that their guests obey the rules of the Club.
- Members shall accompany their guests at all times.
Joint and Family Memberships
- Joint memberships are for two people of any age, living at the same address (proof required).
- Children aged 5 – 15 can be added to a parents membership for an additional fee of £2.00 per child per month.
- Staff memberships are available for all current permanent members of staff, for themselves, a partner, and dependants under 18 years of age.
- These memberships are void as soon as employment with the College is terminated (as applicable).
Marketing and Data Protection
- Personal information will never be passed on to any third party.
- Cheltenham Ladies College Services Ltd. Is committed to your privacy and ensuring you have control over marketing communications that you receive from us. You can opt out of communications at any time by contacting email@example.com.